Construction Accidents & Injuries
The construction industry is filled with danger. Despite OSHA laws and safety reps' best efforts, injuries will occur. Construction injuries are often catastrophic and life changing. The types of hazards and injuries vary.
- Falling Hazards: Construction sites often contain materials and equipment on scaffolds and rooftops. If not properly secured, these objects can fall onto workers below, potentially causing traumatic brain injury (TBI) accidents, other serious injuries and accidents, or even death.
- Unsafe Work Site: Construction sites require constant maintenance in order to prevent worker accidents. If this important maintenance is not done, construction sites can pose serious hazards to the health and safety of workers. Debris and equipment, for instance, can cause slip and fall accidents if left out in the open, potentially causing workers to suffer neck or spine injuries, broken bones, head injuries, or even death.
- Scaffolding Problems: Scaffolding must be inspected, maintained, and secure at all times. Faulty scaffolding can lead to catastrophic injury accidents or death. Even in less serious circumstances, scaffolding accidents may permanently affect a worker’s ability to earn a living wage.
- Vehicle Accidents: Forklifts, cranes, and other construction vehicles can harm workers if not used or maintained properly. Injuries that vehicle accidents may cause include broken bones, dismemberment, and death.
- Crane Collapse Accidents: When improperly set up, maintained, or operated, cranes can cause devastating accidents due to cargo loss or total collapse. However, Florida victims of crane collapse accidents may be entitled to financial compensation beyond workers’ comp in order to cover the full extent of their damages.
Experienced Construction Accident Attorneys
If you or loved ones have been injured in a construction site accident, an experienced construction attorney at Warner, Sechrest & Butts, P.A. can help you recover compensation for the injuries. The results of construction accidents many times have a lasting physical and financial impact on construction workers’ lives. Medical expenses and lost wages can place a burden on your and your family’s lives. Our construction lawyers in Gainesville, FL, have handled numerous construction injury cases and know how to sort out liability so workers receive full compensation.
Comprehensive Construction Accident Defense
Construction projects of all sizes require the collaboration of many parties to be completed. If an accident occurs and an injury claim is filed, complications may arise because of the other parties involved. Warner, Sechrest & Butts, P.A. provides strong construction accident defense for construction companies, insurers, and third parties. With an aggressive and efficient approach, your Gainesville construction lawyer will analyze the circumstances surrounding the accident and untangle complex situations. When you work with our construction law firm, we advocate for your best interest and guide you through the legal process.
If you (or a loved one) have been injured in a construction accident, you may be entitled to lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering, wrongful death benefits, future medical bills and other losses and compensation. If you would like to discuss a potential claim or if you need to defend against claim, call the board certified construction law experts at Warner, Sechrest and Butts, P.A.